What Sets Regenexx Apart From The Rest?
Have you wondered how the Regenexx bone-marrow aspirate protocol is vastly different from the regenerative treatments everybody else offers? Watch the video below to learn about the Regenexx Difference:
Dr. Attaman utilizes the Regenexx protocol. That means that our patients experience the following:
- A comprehensive physical examination and history with a double board-certified and fellowship trained physician, every time. You will not be seen by a nurse practitioner (NP) nor a physician’s assistant (PA).
- Next, a comprehensive dynamic ultrasound examination during your consultation. This means Dr. Attaman will use a top of the line ultrasound machine to examine every aspect of your painful area. If you have a knee problem, for example, we will look at the following structures directly under ultrasound to determine if there are any abnormalities or abnormal movements: quadriceps tendon, patellar tendon, medial patellofemoral ligament, medical collateral ligament. medial meniscus. pes aserine, lateral patellofemoral ligament, lateral collateral ligament, lateral meniscus
- We will then incorporate our ultrasound findings with your MRI images, and develop the best treatment plan for you.
- if you are a Regenexx bone marrow concentrate candidate, we will then treat you in a patented three-phase process over 7-14 days: On day one, we will inject an inflammatory medication (called prolotherapy) into the various damaged structures we discovered during your consultation. This will cause controlled, localized inflammation in the targeted area. Such inflammation helps the stem cells from your concenetrated bone marrow to function better. 2-5 days later, we will harvest your bone marrow from the “wing bones” in your hips called the iliac crests. This is done at three different sites on each iliac crest to maximize the concentration of cells we can aspirate. Other clinics aspirate from one site at best, which limits the concentration of cells collected significantly. We perform highly specific image guided procedures which use bone marrow concentrate to help your pain and improve your function2-5 days later, we will inject platelet rich plasma into the lesser damaged areas that did not require your bone marrow concentrate, and we will also inject platelet-rich plasma into the areas in which we previously placed stem cells. This helps to keep them “activated” and working to help you.
- The above is far and beyond more complex than 99.9% of all the other clinics in the region, most of whom are owned by Chiropractors who employ nurse practitioners to blindly inject amniotic fluid (which contains no living stem cells) into your painful area.